Culinary Command Training is a rigorous, elite, intense and extremely fulfilling 45-day program for a select number of veterans or active-duty U.S. military who are committed to learning and/or re-tooling for a career in the culinary arts.
IMPORTANT: For an extremely comprehensive overview of all program details, including your responsibilities if you are selected as a participant in the program, please CLICK HERE.
Culinary Command Training uses the popular “Learn How to Cook (and eat your mistakes)!” 15-segment DVD series as the basis for its curriculum. Taught by noted chef, David James Robinson, the program also features workshops by leaders in the food industry and field trips to local food purveyors and businesses.
To learn more about the Learn How to Cook (and eat your mistakes)! DVD series, CLICK HERE.
Among the topics within the program are:
- Knife Skills
- Cooking Methods, including sautéing, searing, boiling, poaching, blanching, soups, stewing and braising, taste and seasoning, roasting, sauces, frying, smoking, grilling and broiling, breakfast and eggs, sushi, handmade pastas, savory baking, and dessert baking
- Menu Planning
- Recipe Creation
- Smart Food Handling
- Beverage Service, Wine Pairings, Cocktail Mixology
- How to Arrange Food on a Plate and Designing the Plate Layout
- Setting the Table: Tablescape Design and Creation
- Culinary Calculations and Measures
- Baking and Breads
- Create and Prepare Entire Meals with Emphasis on Timing